The GoUP has adopted a Public Private Partnership (PPP) policy for the health sector. The over-riding objective of the policy is to utilize the technical, financial and management resources available in the private sector for strengthening the quality of services being provided through the public healthcare network. In order to supplement the existing housekeeping services and enhance affectivity, the employer has proposes to outsource cleaning (housekeeping) and gardening services in 50 Government District Hospitals of Uttar Pradesh of UPHSSP, a World Bank funded project.
The Service Provider is required to achieve a high level of environmental cleanliness throughout the hospital facility site.
The key considerations are:
• Provide a quality driven Cleaning (Housekeeping)and Gardening Service which achieves an optimum standard of cleaning for all hospital buildings and is held in high regard by patients, staff and visitors alike;
• Provide a standard of Service that helps to provide a positive image of the hospital and a level of cleanliness which provides a clinical and socially acceptable environment for patients, visitors and staff, 365 days of the year, 24 hours per day.
• Service provider’s staff encouraged to develop quality routines and to identify opportunities to improve service delivery. Every member of staff to share a common objective and subscribe to the process of change and quality improvement.
• The service provider must develop required skills in the staff through trainings for the mutual benefit of both individuals and the hospitals and to develop staff relationships between the different departments involved in the cleaning process.
• Maintain a safe environment and safe working practices including the use of a recognized management system to ensure that standards of comfort and cleanliness stay high, and that any reduction in the quality of Service is recognized and corrected.